.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Monday, November 13, 2006

ART, I remember standing there...



















I remember standing there… Dust covered, dust in my teeth, the smell of heat
That Humvee was fucked
Crippled
Pieces of its body hanging off like burnt cracking flesh
The P.O.C. said three of his guys died when it got hit
I was holding the little Mag-light that belonged to on of them. I thought about keeping that charred Mag-light with holes burnt right through the whole damn thing.
It could be cool to show people show fucking crazy this whole shit was
But I started thinking about the kid you know
Damn flashlight was probably in his pocket
Holes right through him too.
The P.O.C. was getting pissed
Said those were good soldiers in that Humvee and we shouldn’t fuck with the remains.
I guess it was remains in a way.
I guess it seemed like that Humvee was a corpse waiting to get buried.
Damn we would pose in front of the most fucked up shit
I remember standing there thinking this proves I was in the shit
I’m a hero you know
That’s what they told me, you know I’m a fucking hero for standing in front of that clump of death.
Three kids just like me, blown, burnt, smashed, shot bleed to death.
Fuck’m though.
They’re just a part of the whole damn spectacle.
They died heroes you know. I got the photo to prove it
They burnt to death for us you know.
Fuck, I wonder what its like to have a hole burning through your skin.

1 Comments:

  • This is real. Thanks. I'd like to see more of the same. Art and words that expresses the war experience in a raw, real way. Where does a civilian go to see this? Is anyone encouraging this and exhibiting it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM, January 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home