POL, candidate forum [M06]
What would you ask the candidates?
A reminder that the Oak Park Democracy for America (DFA) group will be hosting a State Legislative Candidates Forum THIS SATURDAY MORNING!!
Interest in our upcoming event is bubbling over:
* Other candidates (including Eisendrath, Claypool and Dart) are asking to attend and meet the voters even knowing that remarks to the whole group will be limited to the State Rep/Sen candidates who have been invited
* The Forum will be videotaped and cablecast by Comcast across their Oak Park/Elmhurst service area
BASIC DETAILS – to tell your friends. There will be short remarks by each candidate and then the main event, a meet-and-greet where people can ask questions 1-on-1:
The event will be on
* Saturday, February 11th
* 10 AM – Noon
* Oak Park Public Library, Veterans Room (second floor)
All Democratic primary State Rep and Senate candidates whose district would include part of Oak Park have accepted our invitation:
* Don Harmon
* Mike Nardello
* Kimberly Lightford
* James T. Smith
* Calvin Giles
* LaShawn Ford
* Karen Yarborough
* Chris Welch
Rep. Deborah Graham, who is unopposed in her district’s primary, has also accepted our invitation.
The format will be as follows:
* 10:00 - 10:10 Assemble/Welcome
* 10:10 - 10:40 Candidate Statements and DFA Question (2 min. statement each + 1 min. response to DFA question)
* 10:40 - 12:00 “Meet and greet” with citizens able to address questions 1-on-1
Candidates will be offered the chance to speak briefly to the group in a random order to be determined by lot. The event is free and open to the public and the media and the facility is accessible to the disabled with parking in the library, which opens at 9 AM on Saturdays.