.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

BLOG, quoting sources

Truth Serum copied a number of entire articles in the comments section. I deleted them. Here's why.

When quoting a writer you're obligated not to take the whole piece. How much can you take? You should quote no more than 10% and no more than four paragraphs. (Try to keep it to two or less.)

Also you should provide a link to the original source.

Aside from the strictly legal aspect of this--copyright laws, y'know--it makes your stuff read better if you explain why something is important and pull out a money quote or two.

As for making links, I'm not good at explaining it, but here's how it's explained at the dkosopedia.

I've created a set of house rules. I'll link to them from the sidebar.

1 Comments:

  • I know that Christina Nowakowski is missing I really hope that someone finds her because the family really needs her bad we give all of our hope and sympothy to this family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home