.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Saturday, November 19, 2005

ADMIN, moderating comments

Today on Arnie Bryant's show, he kept after me to moderate comments. I agreed to try if for one week.

However, I'm not going to start until I consult with the attorneys representing me in the defamation case. I suspect that by approving each comment individually I will increase my liability for the contents of the comments.

If this is the case I may invite others to moderate the comments on the blog. If I ask others to moderate the comments, the rules need to be quite specific.

Here are the rules I've tried to enforce.
1. No comments under "anonymous" (except in the Nowakowski threads).
2. No comments about others' sex lives, except when the allegations are newsworthy because they are relevant to job performance or have broken in another media outlet.
3. No allegations of criminal activity without proof. This means no dropping bombshell allegations based on hearsay. It does not preclude comments that make the case that known activity is criminal.

Any other rules moderators should be enforcing?

3 Comments:

  • What Arnie can't take the heat? He sure dishes it out about everyone and now he cries about the blog, and you remove the truthful comments about him? If he would stop gossiping and stop critizing others and passing judgment maybe hre would be left alone, but you can't want to play and not except to hit backed! Carl, your blog is going to be what ever you want it to be , but don't let the personArnie change things for him and not for every one else!Pretty soon your blog won't be respected like that show your on !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM, November 19, 2005  

  • Comments that are completely off topic get deleted, especially spam.

    By Blogger Carl Nyberg, at 8:46 PM, November 20, 2005  

  • what moron would call himself busta,except a real busta.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 AM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home