.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

POL, Sheila Simon is running for mayor of Carbondale

I received the following invite from Lauren Beth Gash, the Democratic Committeewoman of the Tenth Congressional District. Gash has been doing a great job organizing in the district. Tenth Congressional District Democrats has a website.
Dear Friends,

As a former Paul Simon staff member I know firsthand how hard he worked and how much he cared about his constituents. I have fond memories of being on the campaign trail with him all over Illinois, and traveling with Jeanne and with his children. Even before that, I went to Georgetown University Law Center with his daughter, Sheila.

As you may know, my friend Sheila is continuing the Simon family legacy of public service and she is now a member of the Carbondale City Council. More significantly, Sheila is running for Mayor of Carbondale. She, like both her parents, is a strong voice for the values we share and that's why Gregg and I are proud to co-host this reception in her honor:

Date and Time: Thursday, January 18, 2007, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

Place: Miller Shakman & Beem, 180 N. LaSalle, Ste. 3600

Paul Simon was a strong voice for political campaign reform and I'm sure he'd be proud that Sheila is limiting campaign contributions to $50. We hope you can give to the campaign. As you can imagine, with that limit, many supporters will be needed and appreciated. I hope you will be able to attend this event, or send her a small check even if you cannot, and PLEASE feel free to forward this email. You can call me if you have any questions, or need to arrange carpooling, at (847)702-6635.

Lauren Beth Gash LaurenBethGash circled "a" aol spot c0m

Most of you will remember that Sheila Simon did a highly successful TV commercial for Sen. Barackk Obama that helped him break through in the primary.

In addition to liking a respecting Lauren Beth Gash, I consider her father, the late Senator Paul Simon, the model of what a politician should be.

Who will join me in saying hello to Sheila Simon when she's in Chicago?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home