.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Friday, September 01, 2006

MEDIA, populist journalism

Declaration of Principles

I’ll provide the people of this city with a daily paper that will tell all the news honestly.

I’ll also provide them with a fighting and tireless champion of their rights as citizens and human beings.


This quote is from a famous American newspaper publisher.

It seemed appropriate to discuss it on Proviso Probe.

The quote resonates with me because I have also tried to be an advocate of integrity and uplifting the human condition as the publisher of Proviso Probe. I want Proviso Probe to help bring about better schools, better government and more abstractly to build a positive identity for Proviso residents.

And like the publisher who wrote the quote, I have sought to build a base of fans who like me as well as Proviso Probe and my writings.

The publisher who wrote this declaration of principles succeeded financially, but the review of her/his life was mixed. One of her/his friends criticized her/him for lacking principles other the vanity of wanting the love and approval of all.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home