.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

HC & M, Katrina victim contacts Yarbrough on impeachment

Rep. Karen Yarbrough has received email, letters and phone calls from around the country (and some from overseas). Overwhelmingly these people support her call to impeach President George W. Bush. See Proviso Probe for the resolution.

Yarbrough received the following email from Monique Champagne. It is published with her permission.
Dear Karen Yarbrough,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for being brave and just in your quest to impeach George Bush. If there is anything I can do from Austin Texas please let me know. I am from New Orleans, Louisiana and have had to relocate here since Katrina. As I try to rebuild my life, I have found myself more involved in the news and in researching our president. I found myself reading about you numerous times during that effort. Your strength to stand up AND FIGHT for what you know is right is an inspiration to me.

I wish you the best of luck and again, it would be an honor to help you in any way I can. I am not the only one who feels like you have taken a step that proves your dedication to this country.

I am 30 yrs old, have a work history in the film industry working in the art department as a set dresser. I have web design skills, graphic design skills, and know a network of active people in my community in New Orleans and Austin. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there are opportunities for me to assist your efforts in any way. Currently I am proposing an evacuation plan to congress in hopes of getting funding since still TO THIS DAY my community of mostly African American citizen- the very people who bring the essence of New Orleans to rise, are being underappreciated and let down. I will fight to see that something is done.


Thank you for your inspiration. You are a soldier. And I'd follow you into battle :)

-Monique Champagne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home