.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

CRIME, the Sharp/Nowakowski connection

I emailed the Attorney General's office to ask about the role Christina Nowakowski played in the trial of Wanda Sharp for fraudulently completing her nominating petitions.

I received the following from Edward C. Carter:
[Christina] Nowakowski was a witness at Wanda Sharp’s trial. She was the notary who notarized the nominating petitions that were the subject of Sharp’s indictment. The judge’s ruling was that despite the fact that Wanda Sharp appeared before Nowakowski and signed the petitions in Nowakowski’s presence, that Sharp was not under oath because Nowakowski had not formally sworn her. That ruling was directly contrary to an Illinois appellate court decision that had held that appearing before a notary and executing a document in the notary’s presence was legally sufficient to place her under oath.

4 Comments:

  • Who cares about wanda sharp, Carl? she's just one of Moore's brands of ass wipe that he's flushed down the toilet. His new brand of ass wipe is Welsh & Washington tissue. A bit scratchy, but his ass is old and he won't feel it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM, January 04, 2006  

  • Wanda Sharp is a trustee in Maywood. Moore appointed her to be state representative to complete his elected term as state rep when he was appointed to the remaining Recorder of Deeds term.

    Christina Nowakowski disappeared from Knox, IN in October.

    By Blogger Carl Nyberg, at 2:55 PM, January 04, 2006  

  • By the way during this allegations against Wanda Sharp, Mr. Clean (Gary Woll) was running under the unbrella of Gene Moore.

    Humm!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I'm confused by the point since Wanda and I have both left Moore' organization. However, to get the facts correct, the last time I ran with the official support (no real support) of Mr. Moore in the 2001 election. In 1999 I supported Wanda, as did Gene, for Trustee. I NEVER discussed the allegations regarding Ms. Sharp in her losing battle with Karen as I thought, even if they were true, that they were pretty minor. Why Wanda left is not clear to me BUT, even BEFORE I lost my seat for two years, I was totally fed up with the lack of democracy in a Democratic Party organization, in fact, also a lack of organization. Subsequent actions, decisions, endorsements, forced hirings and contracts have convinced me that I made the best political decision in my life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 PM, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home