.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Thursday, May 17, 2007

ADMIN, no comments on Proviso Township board meeting?

I did not allow comments on the entry about last night's meeting of the Proviso Township trustees. Instead I sent readers to All-Proviso Network.

I did this for a few reasons.

The leading reason is that I want to grow All-Proviso Network. There's a difference in how Proviso Probe and All-Proviso Network handle comments.

At Proviso Probe I moderate the comments which slows down the discussion. All-Proviso Network is unmoderated, but requires people posting comments to create accounts. There are also other administrators there to help keep the discussions from going "out of bounds".

Ultimately I want All-Proviso Network to grow so that it becomes a meaningful local media outlet. But for this to happen people need to write for All-Proviso Network. I hope some dedicated citizens will take responsibility for keeping an eye on some piece of Proviso Township.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home