.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

M06, Larry Andolino running for judge [11th Subcircuit]

Last week Proviso Probe featured Mary Colleen Roberts, a candidate for judge.

Larry Andolino is running for the same position in the Democratic Primary.

Andolino sent me the following messages.
My name is Lawrence Andolino, Im a Candidate for Judge in the 11th Sub-Circuit.
I would like to clarify a few things:
1) I have been found qualified by the Illinois Bar Assoication, recommended by the Womans Bar Assoication, Black Womans's Bar Assoication, Hispanic Lawyers Assoication, and the Puerto Rican Bar Assoication.
2) Last election I was found qualified or recommended by all of the above except the Hispanic and Puerto Rican Bar Assoication. This is because there is a general rule stating that unless you have 12 yeras practice, you are not generally qualified to be judge.
3) I received qualifications because although Im only 36, I have over 30 Jury Trials, Have argued before the Appellate Court three times and have practiced almost every phase of litigation.
4) Russ did not have all of his facts straight; there was no vote fraud; it was a general allegation that is made in every recount. I conceeded because I did not want to spend $40,000 in litigation in a recount; I decided to try again.
5) Community Service: I am the Executive Director of the Galewood-Montclare Community Organization, I placed the pots and banners on North and Harlem Avenue, I helpped attract the Starbucks on North Avenue. I was on the Sschool Board and helped make a Community First School. Last I have an Aldermanic Award for cataching a rapist and a letter of acknowledgement for detaining a fleeing drug dealer on the Lake Street L. I would make a good Judge, Im qualified and I have served my community.

And in a separate email...
I am running for Judge because I seek to serve the Public. I believe that I can best serve in the capactity of Judge because I can apply my knowledge of the law, experience in the court room, and sense of civic responsibility to the bench. I have been in practice over a decade in addition to that, I believe my youth and enthusiam would be an asset to the bench. There are some individuals that want to become Judge because they want to receive the pension or benefits assoicated with the position. Some individuals seek the bench in the twlight of their carreer. I seek the bench in the middle of my carreer becuase I want to serve; I am in private practice and such practice is generally more profitable then the bench.

I seek the position to continue to serve my community as I have done on the school board, in the capactity of Executive Director of my Community Organization and to further practice what I love which is the Law.

My volunteer service for my community included attracting new business to my community, a Farmers Market, free senior breakfast, free children holiday breakfast and a movie in the park as the Community Organization Director. I believe this shows my sense of care for my community.

I promise to be a fair minded Judge with common sense and the courage and ability to make the hard choices necessary in that position. I am endorsed by the Cook County Democratic Party which includes, endorsements of all the local elected officials such as Sen Don Harmon, Recorder of the Deeds Eugene Moore, Leyden Township Committeeman Barrett Pederson, Alderman Carothers, and Alderman Banks to name a few.

7 Comments:

  • Not a fan of the spell checker is he?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 AM, March 02, 2006  

  • Then why doesn't Larry's biggest backer, Alderman Banks, make Harmon support Larry? Harmon's backing Roberts - she's from Harmon's organization. Banks is an ass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM, March 02, 2006  

  • and withuot Harmon's backing, Larry loses Oak Park again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM, March 02, 2006  

  • Of coursew one reaon that Ms. Roberts will win is because all the bar associations have overwhelmingly said that she is better qualified than Mr. Andolino, who may be a nice guy, but hardly has the credentials to be a sitting judge and therefore will go down the drain despite appearing on Gene Moore's sample ballot again, as of 2 years ago. Gene has enough trouble just coming close to being re-elected himself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM, March 02, 2006  

  • I've worked against Larry a little, and as another poster said, he's a genuinely nice guy. And work in the community is important. But Larry has been listed as Not Recommended or Not Qualified by 6 out of 11 bar groups, including the Chicago Bar Association. Mary has been deemed Qualified, Recommended, or Highly Recommended by all 11. Would you want to have your fate decided by someone who drew a negative rating from a majority of bar groups?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM, March 08, 2006  

  • Vote for Larry. He's a standup guy with enough experience. The gays and lesbians love him, despite what the LAGBAC says.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM, March 16, 2006  

  • Would Mr. Andolino care to comment on his days in the early 90's when he 'volunteered' for the American Pro Life Council Bingo game at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Hammond, Indiana? How about at the American Pro Life Bingo at his family's Golden Tiara bingo parlor in Chicago?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home