.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mayor Calderone's picnic

Yesterday, while riding back from Berkeley I passed a sizable party at Altenheim Retirement Home. Not being shy, I stop and went in. It was Mayor Anthony Calderone’s annual picnic. The food was good and beverages plentiful.

I met three musicians from Forest Park, Steve, Rich and Ikuko. Rich was a musician at Huis Ten Bosch in Sasebo, Japan, where I was stationed in the Navy. We had the same Japanese instructor, Mr. Tominaga. Small world, eh?

I also spoke briefly with a prominent real estate guy. I don’t know if he was speaking on the record, so I will avoid using his name. This guy used the full cycle of profanities in describing Emanuel Christopher Welch. IIRC, he also used “idiot” and said, “I don’t know who he thinks is going to support him.” The real estate guy also pledged $5,000 to defeat the next referendum for District 209.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home