.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Friday, October 28, 2005

ED, Welch's godmother & Nyberg [D209]

At 2:30 PM District 209 held a press conference to announce the signing of a new contract with the teachers represented by local 571.

The contract was quite generous with four and five percent salary increases and no concessions on health care. I, along with others, asked about how the increases would be funded. Would they cause taxes to increase?

Emanuel Christopher Welch--who spent the most time at the microphone even though he claimed not to be involved in the negotiations--kept avoiding the question by saying the effect of the contract hadn't been fully analyzed and that District 209 was looking for new sources of revenue.

After the questions, Welch's godmother, the Principal of Proviso West sought me out. She asked me in an accusatory manner if I had written about the ACT scores of the students at her school.

I paused for a moment and thought about the ACT scores. As I remembered the results she presented less than half the students beat the national average. I told her this.

She responded by calling me a "racist".

I asked her if she'd be willing to repeat that in front of a witness from the media. She indicated she would.

I grabbed Frank Life, but Welch's godmother was engaged with somebody else. By the time she disengaged she refused to repeat the allegation although she wouldn't deny it either. I was annoyed. I either wanted her to take responsibility for what she said or apologize. She did neither.

So I started to raised my voice explaining that she couldn't call me a "racist". She backed away.

I looked for Seth Stern who was busy talking to Libka, so I left. I saw Welch's godmother in the hall on the bench crying. She was saying, "he was a man... yelling at me." So I decided to give her some more grief.

Some woman told me I had to leave. I asked for her name. She wasn't wearing an ID badge or anything. She refused. I didn't feel she had much right to order me out, but I was leaving anyway.

Then Angela, the D209 PR flack called me over and told me I couldn't be so rough. I told Angela that D209 staff can't call me names with impunity. We went back and forth a couple times. And then she told me I had to leave. I had been walking out when she called me over, so it seemed a little annoying to be interrupted from leaving so she could act like she was throwing me out.

Here's a hint to District 209 personnel: if you want to be treated like professionals you need to act like professionals.

3 Comments:

  • Is Welch's godmother Alexis Wallace? Is she truely Proviso West's prinicipal? What are her qualifications? Can she speak english or does she only speak eubonics? She is the biggest racist at Proviso! She discriminates against latino students and their parents! The latino community knows who she is and will go after her, because she is usless and unqualified!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM, October 31, 2005  

  • WOW! That sounds like the "fairy godmother". She can issue it out, but she can't take it. It probably was an act, because she did major in DRAMA (according to the Proviso's newsletter), and she is the biggest DRAMA QUEEN next to Welch of course. Don't take it personal Carl; she was just acting. She wanted to get your goat and then turn around and look like the victim. Those probably were not real tears, maybe Visine or water she splashed on her face. As for Angela McGee, where was she on Provisos' homecoming and pep rallies or the East and West game? She makes $75,000 to take pictures. Proviso has a media person at East and West, and Proviso pays a firm to do their PR work. What is her role in the district? She was a substitute teacher for the district and then Welch, Moore, and Jackson gave her a $75,000 job, and now her husband works at the PMSA as a janitor making more than a first, second, thrid, fourth, fifth, and sixth, year teacher. The teachers' union is having a press conference for what and janitors make more than teachers! Proviso is BACKWARDS!

    Don't worry Carl. The crying spell and the verbal attack by the Principal was all an act and orchestrated by Welch.
    ....And the Oscar for best actor goes to the PRINCIPAL for her role as GODMOTHER. .... And the Oscar for supporting actor goes to Welch for his role as the White Man's PUPPET.


    You have 24 hours to repost this under your handle/pseudonym/screen name.

    By Blogger Carl Nyberg, at 11:19 AM, November 01, 2005  

  • okay will do

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home