.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Thursday, August 23, 2007

how did the weather affect your day?

Today while I was doing laundry at The Laundry Room in Forest Park (next to Sub Tender with free wi-fi and 75 cent top load washers, Tues-Wed-Thurs) I got hot and decided to go to the Fred Hampton Pool. By the time we got there the sky had become overcast. And just as I got to the edge of the pool the lifeguards whistled everybody out of the pool for a tornado watch.

My friend and I drove one of the lifeguards home to Austin. The visibility sucked and a couple streets were blocked by down tree limbs (Chicago Avenue and Ridgeland).

Forest Park Review (Bill Dwyer) has an article up.

I've created a thread of All Proviso Network for people to leave their experiences.

[UPDATE, Friday afternoon: I've been told significant portions of Melrose Park and Westchester are without power and are expected to remain this way for another day or two.]

Labels: , ,