.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

GOV, reducing police brutality

I had a column published in the Forest Park Review in which I offered a way to reduce police brutality.

Every person taken into custody would be surveyed about how he or she was treated.

An independent company would compile the complaints of mistreatment and then anonymously survey the police officers. The officers would be able to anonymously report which allegations of abuse were credible.

The company would evaluate the feedback from the officers and make a recommendation to the police department as to which allegations of abuse should be investigated.

It would cost a little money, but it would save money on insurance premiums, legal bills and settlements down the road.

2 Comments:

  • Good Luck...
    They do not want that information to get out. Early last year I was tasered, maced, assaulted and incarcerated because the Manassas police did not know what they wanted me for - instead like a trained monkey they demanded my id, without reason, I rejected several attempts at this demand. Even though the incident was on the CVS video I could not/cannot get either my attorneys or anyone else to obtain/review the video - they cover it up. Even the Potomac News that published my name and address will not be professional and follow up with finding out what really happened.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM, January 12, 2006  

  • Thank you for the visit from the Old Dominion.

    In the future, please post under a pseudonym. It gets confusing with more than one "anonymous".

    By Blogger Carl Nyberg, at 1:06 PM, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home