.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

vision, mission, values

After attending last night's meeting of the District 209 (Proviso High Schools) board, I decided to start a blog covering Proviso Township.

Here's draft vision, mission and values statements.

Vision: Activist journalism that informs and advocates.

Mission: To cover Proviso Township public officials and the community.

Values:

Openness, corruption-busting, educating about complexities and other goo-goo ideals.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Someone cares enough to pull the cover off the Proviso politicians! I only hope that the people of Proviso will find this blog and become informed. I'll do my part to let citizens know that they can post their comments here. With failing schools and crime waves that top Chicago per capita, would think people like Eugene Moore would help the school system he matriculated through. I'm embarrassed for him and saddened that he has used his influence to pull Chris Welch into the gutter. My first meeting with Chris, I came away with a good feeling and cast my vote for him for school board thinking he was interested in representing children. I was sadly mistaken and will never vote for him again.
    Some of this behavior is blatantly criminal and conflict of interest reigns supreme.
    Keep up the good work in peeling away the layers of corruption and shining a light on these charactors.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM, September 05, 2005  

  • When is Welch running for reelection and who is running against him

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home