.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Proviso Probe

Friday, August 26, 2005

Oak Park and signs

As I was walking west on Washington at Harvey I noticed this obnoxiously large mini-billboard advertising condo units for sale.

I remembered the Village coming down on some businesses over signs that were too busy. And I thought this sign invited such treatment. It was too big and too busy.

But then I thought, "hey, aren't 'for sale' signs against the law in Oak Park?"

For 30 years Oak Parkers have not been able to place a "for sale" sign in front of a house, but condos have been doing it. Contractors and politicians too.

The underlying problem that justified making "for sale" signs illegal doesn't exist. So it seems Oak Park should either ban all signs or allow all signs, including "for sale" signs.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming on Proviso Township.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home